Wednesday, June 23, 2010

eff you Cosmo, part deux

I am going to try really hard not to make this entire blog about how much I hate Cosmo (even though I definitely still read it every month), but I can't make any promises. Cosmo obviously does not read my blog and does not understand how I feel about body hair. The magazine is constantly telling me to wax and pluck and shave to attract men, but to make sure I do it in secret. I think body-hair rebels should unite to form a revolution against hair removal! Until then, we'll keep shaving.

I have been considering subscribing to a men's magazine (GQ?) so I can study what men are instructed to do to pick up ladies. But I don't actually know any men who read men's magazines (besides Men's Health - which is not the male equivilent to Cosmo).

3 comments:

  1. GQ and Details are the big men's magazines.

    It's interesting that you're mentioning this, because the other day my friend Alex asked me how often I shaved my legs and what was typical for girls. I think it's interesting that he would be curious enough to ask, but ask his female friend and not his girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was probably trying to gauge how his girlfriend's shaving frequency relates to other females'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Cosmo, July 2010, page 111 - "Secrets Men Keep Even When They're in Love"

    "Whenever she finds a random hair on her body, she asks me if I ever noticed it. I wish she would assume I didn't, yank it out, and never tell me about it so I don't feel like I'm in love with Bigfoot. -Peter, 25"

    SERIOUSLY?

    ReplyDelete